Ceramic tiles are a popular choice for many people and are especially popular in rooms of the house, such as the kitchen and the bathroom. From the wall to the floor, many people decorate their bathrooms with ceramic tiles. If you are not familiar with ceramic tiling and are interested in it, here are a few ways that you can enhance your bathroom using ceramic tiles.
1. The bathroom is one area of the house that could definitely benefit from some added color and style, and what better way to do that than to incorporate vibrant colored ceramic tiles into the interior design. White is one of the best colors to bring some much-needed light to the room, and it also serves the purpose of highlighting sinks, cabinets, showers, bathtubs, etc. if these are of a different color. It blends well with almost any color and can really balance out a room that looks cluttered and disorganized. The only drawback is that white highlights mess too, so, if you are not the cleanest person on the planet, you should opt for a darker color to conceal imperfections!
2. Bright colors are a good option as they also highlight furniture and brighten up the room, but, care should be taken not to go for colors that might clash with other pieces in the room, such as shower curtains, for example.
If you are vehemently against bright colored tiles, you can choose instead warmer, darker colors that have more woody tones and textures, or, you might choose black or dark blue tiles. This would probably mean that you need brighter lighting so as not to leave the room feeling dark and scary.
3. When trying to enhance your bathroom using ceramic tiles, you can ditch plain colored tiles and replace them with tiles that have different designs and patterns. From flowers to diamonds etc., you can create glamorous effects in your bathroom and bring the room to life. It is best to avoid going for busy patterns as these could feel disorganized and confusing, but don’t hesitate to be creative and try out different patterns.
4. If you are not satisfied with purchasing ready-made tiles and are looking to create your own designs, you can always decorate your ceramic tiles to give them more of a personal touch. Ceramic tiles are fairly cheap and plain tiles can be painted over to make new, more original tiles.
5. Laying tiles is quite the simple task, but, if you are not comfortable doing it yourself, you can always turn to professionals for help. If you do decide to do it yourself, previous articles contain detailed instructions and ideas on how you can decorate your tiles as well the different ways you can lay out the tiles.
Your bathroom needs to be decorated much like other rooms, and ceramic tiles do a good job of enhancing the style and overall feel of your bathroom. They are simple and cheap to use and are good value for money. So, what are you waiting for? Start planning for your ceramic tile bathroom re-decoration!